It is with a very sad heart I am telling you that our dear Beth went to kitty heaven.
She had once again started to become very sick and after being treated more than 5 times this year for kidney failure we felt it was time.
She had a very full and cuddly life. She caught many mice, rabbits, birds, was very cunning as she survived 18 and a half years without getting caught by a coyote!
Our average here on the farm is a cat living 5 years maximum. Being an outdoor as well as indoor cat she did extremely well.
She is greatly missed. In the last few years she never missed a beat when I sat down anywhere at any time.. she was always on my lap within seconds. She always slept on my bed, right beside me and would not let other cats near me - that was her space. She even took up issue with Karl when he would try to get close.
Kidney failure is not a fun disease. She was becoming quite toxic with it and I didn't want to wait until she started having seizures. It didn't matter how much she ate or drank she still remained dehydrated and was losing weight.... she was less than 6 pounds...
Dixie misses her too - Dixie is a chatty cat but for the past few days she was lethargic and wouldn't 'chat' when I talked to her. She seems to be coming out of her shell now. She just informed me that it is bedtime... so I better get going.
Sorry no pictures. Still having issues with Picasa web albums.
It may come to the point of making a new blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment