Our dishwashers has been having issues for some time. So much so, that I have been "collecting" pieces that are falling out of it and not sure where they go. We stopped paying for the extended warranty as over the years the dishwasher has had everything replaced in it except the heat element. We decided it didn't owe us anything any more and it was time to replace it.
I spent months.... yes, MONTHS looking for a new dishwasher. They have little ones, big ones, plastic or stainless steel inside, white, black, stainless outside - fancy wash programs, next to no wash programs, Turbo jets that blast your dishes... you name it you can get it but not an "all in one".
I guess I was spoiled cause mine would do a scrubbing pots and pans wash but then I could press a different button and do a gentle china wash. I find myself using the rinse cycle a lot now since I don't have a house full of children - but there are 2 different kinds of rinse cycles... Sani rinse and basic rinse... I like basic if the load isn't full and I like sani if I am rinsing jars for canning cause it heats the jars.
The other thing I was hoping for... well if you look in the picture below... the cupboard door that is open is where I was hoping Karl would put the new dishwasher. Yes, some modifications were needed. You see the "built in" was originally put where the portable dishwasher was kept. (When we built the house the portable dishwasher was only 2 years old so we built the kitchen to accommodate it) The space was already there from the portable and ready and it was a quicker install than changing up the cupboard. Plus my kitchen was quite a bit newer. I was promised a counter top would be built to go over the then new built in dishwasher. Um, well, the "frame" got done and we purchased some sample tile... but that is as far as it got.
So this time I was hoping to change it up ...
but nooooope, the new one got put right back in the slot where the old one came out of. Oh and with the promise that we will finish the counter top... hehehe Its only been 10 years... it took 20 years for the deck to get completed so there is lots of time. hahahaha
It doesn't look much different from the picture standpoint. If you look close or see it in person the buttons are no longer on the front of the washer they are on top of the door so when its closed you can't see them. Lucky for us we can push the program button, the start button then close the door for it to wash... as long as you don't wait longer than 3 seconds to close the door. If you do, you have to cancel it and start over.
No comments:
Post a Comment