It all started when I was talking to Karl about expanding my existing shed. I was measuring up for posts and was going to get Charlie to cut me some on his Mill. Jeff would then give me a hand to increase the size of my shed. Heck, I have increased it myself so not a very difficult task. Well, I was needing some expertise from Karl before I placed my lumber order. But Karl wasn't being so willing. Then one day Jeff commented "Dad we forgot to bring over the posts!". I said "oh, what posts?" Answer being "the ones for your barn." I was quite baffled cause I hadn't placed an order. Eventually it came out that Karl was not planning to build onto "that old thing" and was going new. Wow, didn't expect that!
So the building began:
area was cleared -
fences removed and changed temporarily - my rock pile removed -
measuring up - placing stakes - making sure its square
Digging the holes for the posts
4 foot hole... and yep I stepped backwards when taking a picture and fell right IN! The guys said they wished they were holding the camera at that point! ha-ha!
Posts in place but not level (obviously!)
Our wonderful soil... blue clay sticks to everything. Eventually you feel like you are walking on stilts!
Eyeballing (leveling) the posts - gravel to level the "floor"
Framing
more framing
Pens
All done.. the outside and he even put a window in it!
The front side... sliding door... looks like I have some painting to do when it warms up. Those trees are perfectly spaced.
My view inside... i can feed round bales now! yay!
The sheep and alpaca view...
Fencing complete. this fence separates the two sides. I am standing beside the gate that gives easy access to either side.
Last rabbit cage down...
...and out. Yep, no more rabbits. When the weather gets good again its time to landscape the east side of the house yard.
What a NICE Christmas present! He was going to put a big red bow on it but couldn't find one big enough LOL

Quite the spiffy little barn they built ya! :) what a thoughtful christmas present for you & the alpaca's!! hehe.
ReplyDelete