Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Good Bye JD

On Monday, June 25th, JD took a ride with me to 100 Mile House.  Back to his previous owner.
I have no need for JD anymore as he is related to all of my sheep but 6.  He is a very good ram, friendly, doesn't butt anyone... so it WAS difficult to let him go. 
It did make it easier to have him go back to his previous owner though. 
Our trip was non eventful during the 5.5 hour drive one way... I took my Mom along and we casually made our way north. 
I did take the time to stop along the way to take a couple of pictures!  Like I said in the last post - there is a lot of water up north coming our way - here is proof!
The water is almost up to the highway!
Normally there are HUGE boulders (rocks) sticking up and the water is rushing around them...


Instead, now, the water is rushing OVER them!
You did not want to go near that water as it was very angry and running extremely fast.


We got to JD's new/old home an hour later than planned but made it safe and sound.
Dennis & Beth let him into an area with 4 other rams... they got busy checking him out...


Then they got busy working on the proper pecking order!  JD wasn't one to back off from a fight so they had quite the go of it.  The greyish ram was older and the boss so had to let JD know that.
Not sure who won but JD sure found out he was out of shape and a little too fat for these boys. That fat may have saved him some broken ribs though!  The head butting sounded painful! That CRACK sound when thier heads/horns met - ouch!



I was told they settled down when the food came out and after layed together chewing thier cud. 
Glad to hear he is fitting back in... but I am sure his weight loss program has already started. At my place he was prone to stealing the alpaca grain... he has more competition at the new place so that isn't going to happen!   I am sure I will see him again one day (to visit)... for now I am going to enjoy my quiet nights at home cause I no longer have to listen to him rearranging my shed or him knocking the alpaca feeders off the wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment