Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Last one - Grad 2012

I will admit I have done my fair share of feeling mid life crisis... my baby is graduating high school.
It is bitter sweet.  The house feels so empty and quiet without little pitter patter feet running through the house. No fuzzy head to cuddle or Lego to step on. No fights and screams of "I'm telling mom!" and no more can you drive me here or there and no more "I'm hungry"... I now just come home to find his truck gone and the fridge empty.
I am told "I'm going to so n so's and will be back later" or mostly its written in text.  I find laundry started in the laundry room waiting for the fairy (me) to finish.  Instead of him asking his dad to fix his bike I now hear and see him in the shop working on his truck and fixing his own bike; peddle and motorized or creating new things like go-carts.
Yes, he has grown up. He bbq's a real mean steak and can create some interesting "hot" (spicy)  dishes. Although I think he has learned a hard lesson about too much "hot".   He works hard on the farm when the interrupted social life allows.  Soon he will be spreading his wings further and going to University to become a Welder and fabricator.  He also plans to join the reserves and work for them part time. 
I wish him well but I will miss his need for me.  

At home before the ceremony
Karl, Jeff and myself


Katie Karl Jeff, myself & Tricia - it was very bright and windy!


The grandma's joined us - Grandpa was in Manitoba at the time.


Grandma D, Jeff and Grandma I


The siblings... Katie, Jeff & Tricia... under the tree house that Karl and Jeff built - the girls helped too.


Waiting on the lawn outside the Chandos Pattison where the ceremony was to be held... caught you Mom! Yes they are running late!


Jeff after he walked across the stage... one part over


June 2nd... Grad Dinner/Prom... Jeff and his date, Alisha.   Shadow insisted on getting into the picture so Jeff finally relented.  Once it was taken Shadow left!


 All dressed up and ready for Prom/Dinner


Jeff and his buddies...


Jeff, Gord and their dates.  Jeff and Gord have been long time friends.


Jeff, Alisha, Jenn & Grant... Jeff has known Grant since grade 2


Karl, Me, Jo & Blake (Grants parents)  Jo and I are BFF's   Had to take a picture as we dont' dress up much!  Grant is their last one too.


Friday the 15th is Jeff's last day of school... onto the next stage in life.

2 comments:

  1. Aw! why does life move so fast sometimes and so sloooooow the next. Congratulations Jeff on your graduation!! Spread those wings .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy are we ever short.!!!!! I never notice until I see a picture or mirror with someone else beside me.
    It's a fun nite and I'm glad we could be a part of it. I'm with you on the on the feelings side of this note as well. Sigh
    Cheers
    Jo

    ReplyDelete