Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fibre arts

Today Karl and I were taking it easy.  We are both still fighting this chest cold - its a stubborn one and saps the energy out of you.
I feel healthy enough to do things but tire really easy.  So I got busy with some more spinning.  I have had this wool batt hanging around for many years. I have used some of it for felting but it doesn't felt very quickly and I haven't been doing any felting for some time so decided to spin it up.
WELL - I was made aware very quickly why I hadn't spun it before!  It has a lot of second cuts which makes for a not so nice and smooth spun yarn.  But there is hope.  All yarn is good for something so I spun it anyway. 
It has pink, green, blue, purple... all through it. This picture does not give it justice.  I will ply it and see if I have enough to make a children's pair of slippers.  Its not a soft yarn so no one would want to wear it near their skin.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there
    I'm glad to hear your on the mend, even if it is a slow one. Colds are useful for finishing up old projects. You don't need the same energy you need for the new ones. The plans are already laid, it's just the finishing touches usually that need to be done. The "designer" yarn looks great!!! In many cases I find the stuff that's a little "different" much more appealing. I think the slippers will look great. Hope you feel better soon, just let me know when you feel up to a play date at the pool.
    Cheers
    jo

    ReplyDelete