I never took any pictures today but I should have... and I should have taken a recording of the weatherman. He SAID today was going to be the nicest day of the week with no rain. Um, maybe where he was! We, unfortunately, had quite a bit of rain.. I waited til this afternoon to finish loading the pickup truck full of garbage to go to the dump - but still ended up doing it in the rain. Then I sorted all the recycling. Cans, bottles, tins, paper, cardboard... Cans & bottles I took and got $$ for.. the rest went into our containers for curb side pick up on Monday. I did take an old water cooler to the recycling and a couple of surf boards the kids have had for years but are never used anymore. The surf boards were cluttering up my storage room so off they went to Value Village.
Karl, on the other hand, worked on the tedder. Got it all fixed up and back together again. After that he and Gary cleaned up around the work shop. They had planned to finish the roof on my sheep shed but too much rain so that job was put aside. Don't want anyone slipping off the top as its a long way down!
Charlie has been cozy and building in his wood shop again. He comes up with the neatest projects! I really should take some pictures but never seem to think about it when I am there.
Other than the 'day job' Karl has been busy putting together some puzzles.
His first one which was actually part of a gift that he bought for the family Christmas game... and it came back to him cause the recipient didn't want the puzzle but wanted the other part of the gift... totally ok by Karl cause he liked it so much he had a hard time wrapping it anyway!
This Moose puzzle is 1000 pieces and took a bit of time putting it together. NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE was allowed to help him. It was funny actually.. if you even pointed at a piece he would shoo you away! lol
The second one is an eagle... he has allowed assistance on this one but no one seems to jump in cause its no fun when your not being shoooo's away ahahaha. I will admit I have helped a little... but only a little :)
It too is going to look really nice when done. We will frame them and look for a nice place to hang them. The colors go with my decor in the house. I love the rustic look.
I like your new look !
ReplyDeleteSounds like you've had pretty crappy weather. Here the sun is shining and it's a balmy 2*. This morning I swept the sidewalk and hosed it down. And that was at 5:00am !!
I had no idea that Karl liked puzzles...we LOVE puzzles. See, we really are related:)
ReplyDeleteI hope you guys had a great holiday. Love to everyone. I hope that Jaylin liked her presses.
Ciao,
Kimber