Sunday, May 20, 2012

An Heirloom

This chair has been in my family for a very long time.  I remember rocking in it as a small child.  There are 2 chairs, one a rocker and the other with legs. I used to climb in the rocker and curl up like a cat and sleep.  My mother gave me the chairs but I was saddened when the arm broke on one.  I had them recovered about 10 years ago but the company never fixed the arm (I never asked them to).
I did get it fixed once by some "guy" that now I believe didn't really know how to fix furniture. So for many years it has sat in my bedroom with the arm leaning on the wall. Until...
a friend of mine gave me a name of someone who is an antique restorer or helps put antique furniture back to their original splendor (not necessarily refinishing)


 I called him and he came to my house and looked at the chair... no problem!  He took it away and came back a week later and Wallah!  Its all fixed!   Its nice and solid again.  Even Beth had to try it out :) 
I am so pleased!  He did a marvelous job!


Hmm, I have another project he can do... but I have to wait til he returns from holidays...

No comments:

Post a Comment