Monday, May 21, 2012

We bought a truck

A few days after Karl and I got back from Alberta (2 to be exact) my FIL headed for MB... but made some stops along the way to and from.
We never got the dump truck from the sale but my Cousins in Pine Lake, AB had a truck that they were willing to sell.  Karl and I would have gone to look at it while we were there but the weather took a turn for the worse so we didn't make it.
Charlie on the other hand had clear sailing when he was there so he went to have a look.  After some discussion he got the okay from Karl and I got the "someone has to go help retrieve it".  "Dad can't drive 2 vehicles at once".  Sooooo....
Katie and I flew out on a Thursday morning in the weeeeeee hours... we got to Calgary but the plane couldn't land due to the fog being thick as pea soup.  We ended up flying around the sky for another hour and a half (after 2 attempts at landing) before we had a safe landing.
Charlie picked us up and away we went to Pine Lake.
Here Katie and Charlie are getting ready to put a new battery in the blue truck before we start on our merry way.

Once on the road there was very little Dilly dallying... see that blue speck in front of us? apparently he wanted to get home... like NOW.


Well, you all know me... I tend to post on Face book what I am doing... so I get this message "where are you?"  and its a friend who trucks from BC to AB all the time.  He was on his way back from drops... He mentioned he was somewhat behind us so he probably wouldn't catch up.  Well, never  under estimate the power of his rig compared to our convoy that was trying to take it easy.
Cam caught up to us in no time


So we had lunch together in Merritt!  Yes, its a Timmy's LOL


After this Cam was LONG gone!  On the last stretch we had to stop and fix the tarp on the box as it lost its tie down and was flapping.  Previously we lost a large bolt that held the box on when dumping (not a good thing to lose but lucky I saw it and stopped to pick it up!)
Cam said that was common on the #1... seeing truck parts all over the road.  Have to admit there were a lot of pot holes!
The truck is now in the farm yard waiting for some minor repairs then it needs to go through a BC inspection before we can license it.
It will have to wait until after we are done planting corn... unless the rain that just blessed us with its presence doesn't let up soon... as it is a rainy day job.

No comments:

Post a Comment